When the nuns returned to France after the War, the remaining teachers opened a school in an old house at no. 30 Flint Green Road. The Headteacher was Miss Knott, who lived with her sister at no. 36 Station Road.


Next to Woolworths was a cake shop, which sold beautiful cream horns, eclairs and such. We went there after school and met the boys from Wellesbourne House school, which was at the rear of Holy Souls.


Rita Hales, née Weston


The Convent

The Larch's story


School photos 1928, 1932, 1939 and 1946

Photographs from the 1920s

Photographs from the 1930s

Joan Hands



Return to AGHS Homepage