572 Tile House Close (owner Samuel Thornton, occupier himself)
Location: field east of Church Road just north of junction with Coventry Road, now under the shopping centre and other buildings. A John Thornton is listed in a directory of 1850 as a builder, tile maker and wheelwright, Coventry Road at 573.
579 Brick Kiln Field (owners Richard Harvey and Charles Turner, occupier Abraham Hopkins)
Location: the site of the building was shown as a malthouse in 1888, on the north side of the Coventry Road. It was covered by the end of Preston Road by 1916: the field stretched northwards. See the Tithe Map extract for 572 above for the site in 1847. Abraham Hopkins is listed in a directory of 1841 as a farmer, maltster and brick and tile maker at New House, and in a directory of 1850 as a farmer at Fastpit house and as a farmer, tile maker and maltster at New House.
588 Tile Sheds, etc. (owner Henry Greswolde, occupier Robert Holloway)
Location: north side of Coventry Road at east corner of Yew Tree Lane. See the three maps above. The site has been overbuilt with houses. Robert Holloway is listed in a directory of 1850 as a farmer, maltster and tile maker.